The Board of Camp and Retreat Ministries of the Oregon-Idaho United Methodist Church is seeking a new director for Camp Latgawa.
Camp Latgawa is on a US Forest Service lease, occupying one of the historic soda springs resorts which began in the late 1800’s, and we have several historic buildings on the site. We have offered programming and presence in this part of the Oregon-Idaho Conference since 1953.
Camp Latgawa provides programming and hospitality for children, youth and adult groups. Over the years we have developed an emphasis on making healthy food from scratch. The position is year-round, yet the season is limited to mostly between April and November. We have been ACA Accredited since 2018. Camp Latgawa has a swimming pool, dining hall, director’s residence, many cabins, and forest and creek environments.
The director is responsible for programming, hospitality, staff supervision, administration, maintenance, food service and volunteer recruitment. See full job description here. If you are interested in applying for the position of director of Camp Latgawa, please submit the following materials as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org , or you can mail them to Rev. Todd Bartlett at 1505 SW 18th Ave, Portland, OR 97201.
- What does it mean to you to create “sacred spaces of Christian hospitality and learning”?
- What is the best way that you learn about a new place?
- What do you believe to be your most important asset to leading a camp and retreat ministry?
- What is your greatest challenge in leading a camp and retreat ministry?
- Why do you believe that Camp and Retreat Ministry is important?
Contact: Todd Bartlett
Location: Camp Latgawa
Email: Click to email