Spend a weekend in the mountains with your youth group! You'll enjoy stronger relationships and shared memories as you spend time together and meet other youth groups.
Large group times for worship, recreation, and meals develop a theme based on scripture to frame the weeken. Time is set aside for each youth group to be together as a small group to get to know each other better as you dive deeper into the weekend's theme. Free time adds to the winter fun. Think snow and look forward to hikes by the lake, the tubing hill, drinking hot chocolate together, and fun times.
- This retreat is a group event, please register as a youth group and plan to provide a chaperone for every 7 youth or fewer. On the GROUP REGISTRATION FORM you create cabin groups of 8 or fewer people.
- Payment for the entire group is required at time of registration... but you can email the form and mail a check within the week. If you have questions or cannot mail the check within one week, please contact the registrar for help: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (503) 802-9214.
- Financial assistance is available upon request. We don't want finances to keep any church group or individual home.
- Please plan to check in at camp between 11am and 1pm on Saturday. Please call the camp if you plan to arrive to camp before or after this time. Since arrival times will vary, you will be responsible for your own lunch before you arrive. Lunch will not be served at camp on Saturday.
- Please use the directions provided on our web-page as helpful. For road conditions call 511 or check http://www.tripcheck.com/
- The retreat will kick off on Saturday at 1:30pm.
- The retreat will conclude Monday at 11 am following breakfast and a closing worship. Sack lunches will be provided for the trip home or groups may choose to enjoy them at camp before departing.
- Vaccination for COVID 19 is highly encouraged for all youth and chaperones. Additional Covid 19 mitigations, including mask requirements, will be communicated closer to the retreat.
- A health form is required for every youth and adult participant. Completed forms may be brought to the retreat or sent to the camp ahead of time. If chosing to bring forms the day of the event, please communicate dietary needs to the camp at least 1 week a head of the retreat. Forms must be left at camp; if you need them for your travels, please make a copy before camp.
- Winter in the mountains can mean many things. Please use the provided packing list to be best prepared.
- Church leaders will be contacted before camp so that the camp better understands your groups needs.
- Chaperones are provided with basic resources related to the retreat theme so that you will be able to lead small group times with your group.
- Volunteers to help with song leading, games, crafts, organizing free time options, worship, and more are always appreciated! Please call camp if there is an area in which you’d like to be involved.
- Chaperones are responsible for the supervision of their group. During the retreat all adults are asked to help supervise large group activities and snow play. An orientation for all adult leaders will be given Saturday afternoon so that we can work together in making this retreat fun and safe for everyone.
- For registration information please contact our camp registrar, Holly Dollan: 503-802-9214 or email@example.com
- For program or camp related questions please contact Jane Petke, Suttle Lake Camp Director: (541) 595-6663 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please keep the registrar informed of changes to your registration. Please communicate special dietary needs or needed accomodations to the camp at least one week before the retreat.