Become a Paid Staff Member
Summer Staff applicants must meet the following requirements
- Must be able to obtain or become certified in First Aid/CPR.
- Must submit health history record and examination form prior to first day of work.
- Ability to interact with all children, youth, and adults.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Willingness to share faith that is meaningful but also respectful to guests of different or no faith backgrounds.
- Understand the development needs of youth.
- Ability to relate to youth and adults with positivity.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in designated camp program areas such as swimming, boating, archery, games etc.
- Lifeguard Certification is highly recommended for Applicants
Physical Aspects of the Job
Click here to see a list of available paid positions
Click here to check out Summer Staff employment opportunities
Some physical requirements of a Summer Staff position could be endurance including prolonged standing, some bending, stooping, walking long distances, hiking, climbing, and stretching; requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity to manipulate outdoor equipment and camp activities; requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate camper activities/programs and the ability to lift up to 50 lbs; willing to live in a camp setting and work irregular hours with limited or simple equipment and facilities; and with daily exposure to the sun, heat, and animals such as bugs, snakes, bats, etc.